Summer Student Opportunity
JOB POSTING: Summer Student Opportunity
PARRSBORO CREATIVE is seeking to hire a MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE to work in the field of Arts Promotion & Cultural Development.
Application Deadline: Monday May 28
Job Time-Frame: June 4 to July 27
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary: $11.00 /hr
This is an excellent opportunity for a student to receive hands-on training in the area of Arts & Cultural Development. The Marketing & Communications Associate will report to and work closely with Executive Director Robert More, a seasoned professional with more than twenty years experience as an Arts Administrator and Artistic Director.
PARRSBORO CREATIVE is a Not-For-Profit Organization dedicated to the development of a vibrant artists community through its Two Core Initiatives: The Cultural Campus and The Artist Attraction Program. For more information, please visit our web site: www.parrsborocreative.com
Job Requirements: Experience with Social Media, Marketing & Communications preferred. Visual & Performing Arts knowledge an asset. Strong computer skills a must.
Eligibility: The student must be:
- 15 to 30 years of age at commencement of employment
- Registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and returning to school full-time in the next academic year
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person with refugee protection under the Immigration and Refugees Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial/territorial legislations and regulations
1) Creating effective Administrative & Communication Systems for the Delivery of the Cultural Campus Courses. For Course details see:
2) Coordinating information between all Cultural Campus partners
3) Assisting in the set-up of courses and various visual art exhibits as required
4) Attending Art exhibitions, fundraisers, and Parrsboro Creative Special Events
5) Developing a comprehensive Data Base
6) Assisting in Membership & Sponsorship Campaigns
7) Assisting the Marketing of the Cultural Campus, locally, provincially and nationally. This will Include traditional techniques, Social Media Platforms, and the creation/dissemination of promotional materials: posters, rack cards, and newsletters
Please send Cover Letter, CV/Resume with Subject: Marketing & Communications Associate by Email to:
E: [email protected]
Service Canada Programs – Canada Summer Jobs