Deadline Extended to April 2nd, 2017
The First Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival (PIPAF) will take place in Parrsboro Nova Scotia from Thursday, June 16th, through Sunday, June 18th, 2017. This is located on the spectacular Minas Basin, part of the world famous Bay of Fundy which is home to the highest tides in the world.
AWARDS JUDGE – Roger Savage
APPLICATION JURY – William Rogers, Joy Laking
– Open to all artists 18 years and older.
– Artists will be accepted to participate in the Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival through a juried process.
– The Acceptance Jury will select 35 artists to compete for over $6000 in cash and merchandise awards.
APPLICATION PROCESS CLOSED
There are three step to the Application Process
- Fill in and Submit the Application Form – (FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY)
- Send the PIFAF three images via our email link.
- Make your payment via our secure on line service.
- Once the three units have been received you’ll receive a confirmation notice.
- The on-line application must be received by the Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival committee no later than April 2nd, 2017.
- Image Information
- Each image should be in jpeg format and sized to AT LEAST 1000 pixels at their largest dimension (height or width).
- Each image must be no more than 3MB
- Images should represent the original artwork with no enhancements with photoshop or similar programs other than minor lighting corrections and re-sizing.
- Send full image, do not include frame or anything other than painted image.
- Identify each jpeg image as follows: Your Last Name, then First Name, followed by the painting number (e.g., Smith_John_1, Smith_John_2, Smith_John_3)
- Include fully completed online Application Form
- The $40 Application Fee (nonrefundable) can be paid during on the on line registration process. (credit card or pay pal)
Successful Artists will be notified of their acceptance to the competition during the week of April 9, 2017. Those accepted will be provided with more event details.
Cash and Merchandise awards estimated at more than $6000 (to be updated)
- Best in Show – $2,500 Cash
- Second Place Award – $1,500
- Third Place Award – $1,000
- Purchase Award $1,000
- Product Awards $500
- Special category awards.
Hosting a Professional Artist
Hosting program available. Our local community will have hosting families to provide artists with a bed, bath and food space in the refrigerator, and hope to be able to host all participating artists who wish accommodation. This will be for artists only as we may not be able to provide for spouses, children or pet – a request may be made but no guarantees. Hosting will be done on a first come, first serve basis, depending on how many rooms become available. Local B&B’s, Inns, Cabins, Campgrounds and other accommodations will be listed in the Accepted Artist’s information packets for those who prefer their own private accommodations.
ARTIST RECEPTION & REGISTRATION
Thursday, June 15th at 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- A wine and cheese reception for artist competitors and their guests will be held
- Artists will register and receive information packets at this time regarding the Parrsboro Area and canvases and papers will be stamped.
- Maximum painting dimensions are limited to 30 inches including frame, horizontally or vertically.
- Artist registration and canvas stamping for late arrivals will also be held Friday, June 16th, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Artists encouraged to complete their registration on Thursday evening if possible.
- Artists will paint anywhere in Parrsboro and surrounding area on both Friday and Saturday but would be encouraged to paint with the town limits on Saturday afternoon.
- Artists must turn in two framed paintings to The Hall (95 King Street), ready to hang, on Saturday, June 17th by 6pm.
- Artists may turn in two additional framed works for exhibition at Art Lab (121 Main Street) from 9-10am Sunday June 18th.
- The Collectors Gala & Exhibition Preview will be held Saturday, June 17th at the The Hall located in Parrsboro from 8pm -10pm
- The Exhibition which is open to the public will continue Sunday, June 17th, at the The Hall from 9am to 4pm.
- Following the final exhibition all unsold works must be retrieved by the artist by Sunday between 5 and 6pm, or arrangements must be made for shipping and insurance at the artist’s expense.
- Parrsboro Creative will receive 40% of the proceeds of all sales and the artist will receive 60%. Payments to the artists for sold work will be mailed within 30 days of the event.
Parrsboro Creative, a registered non profit society.
To download the prospectus, click here.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Executive Director of Parrsboro Creative, Robert More.
[email protected] or 902-728-2007.
Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival
P.O. Box 681
Parrsboro, NS, Canada
Photo images courtesy Len Wagg, and Michael Fuller