Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival
Here are the Juried Artists participating in this years festival.
Thank you and congratulations
2019 Participating Artists:
Digby, Nova Scotia
- May 2019 invited to the Forgotten Coast en Plein Air, in Apalachicola, FL
- Best Watercolour, Bermuda Plein Air twice running, 2017 and 2015 (biennial event)
- Finalist, Art Renewal Center 13th Annual ARC Salon, 2018
- Second Place in the BoldBrush Painting Competition, September 2016
- Juried into Paint Annapolis, Annapolis, Maryland
- Juried into Chadds Ford Paint Out, Chadds Ford, PA
- Juried into and received Best Demonstration at Artsfest, Annmarie Sculpture Garden, Dowell, MD
- Juried into and received Best Architectural Scene, Mountain Maryland Plein Air, Cumberland, MD
- Artists for The New Century 2017 Show, The Bennington VT
- PleinAir Magazine Featured artist 2018 February/March
- Artist Choice Award, Bath Plein Air 2018, First Place Quick Draw – Plein Air Plus 2018, NJ, Fingerlakes Plein Air 2017
- Judge’s Choice Award – Plein Air Easton 2015
- Painted a Collection of 8 paintings representing battle honors, permanently exhibit at the Québec City Armory.
- Nanjing China, group exhibit
- “Best of Show” Olana Plein Air 2016
- Award of excellence 2014 Oil Painters of America, Eastern Regional
- Reconnaissances Officielles Prix / Honours, Awards
- Honorific Awards, All Categories, autumn Expo AAPARS, 2017
- Laureate, Art Competition, La Prairie, 2017
- Finalist, National Art Contest « Rêves d’automne » Baie-Saint-Paul, 2014
- Plein Air Easton -Awarded Best Watercolor 2018
- Pennsylvania Watercolor Society’s 40th International Exhibition – Bronze Medal Winner 2018
- Exhibited at the American Watercolor Society 2017
- Salmagundi Club’s Annual Open Painting and Sculpture Exhibition – Thomas Moran Memorial Award 2017
- 2018 Publication of ‘Augustus and Me’ illustrated children’s book
- 2018 Plein air painting trip, Bermuda
- 2017 Solo Exhibition, Massachusetts State House
- 2016 Cape Ann Plein Air Painting Festival
- Signature Member of Oil Painters of America
- President Plein Air Painters of the Southeast 2016-2018
- Master Signature Member of Women Painters of the Southeast
- Signature Member of American Women Artists
Clifton, New Jersey
- Juried artist Easels in Fredrick selected by Scott Christiansen
- Plein Air Magazine’s Publishers Invitational in Cuba, cumulating in Gallery shows.
- Featured in New York Times article for 10 year plus relationship with Peconic Land Trust art and conservation.
- Guild Hall Art Museum, East Hampton, award for Best Realistic painting in Members Show.
- Selected Contemporary Artist for The Art of Zion National Park
- The Flora B. and Joseph V. Giffuni Memorial Award at the 38th Annual International Exhibit at the Pastel Society of America in New York City, N.Y.
- Artist in Residence Dinan, France
- Recipient of Master Circle Gold Medallion at the IAPS Convention in Albuquerque.
Weymouth, Nova Scotia
- One of the top doors painted for the Nova Scotia Art Gallery
- Cape Ann Plein art festival won an award
- Invited to paint with the Russians in Jeffersonville Vermont
- Sold out shows
- Teaching a watercolor workshop aboard a historic schooner this summer.
- Author of the seventh-ranked painting blog, https://watchmepaint.blogspot.com/, as per feedspot.com.
- Painted across Canada from Yukon Territory to Newfoundland in 2016 for Canada’s sesquicentennial;
- Had a show of nudes censored and closed down in a university gallery.
Prospect, Nova Scotia
- Participates in the “Paint Sea on Site” Plein Air Event sponsored by the Lunenburg Art Gallery and the PCFAS Plein Air event at Peggys Cove.
- Juried into shows sponsored by the Laguna Plein Air Artists Association in California and shown at the Forest and Ocean Gallery in Laguna Beach.
- Included in the “Tell Me a Story Exhibition”, Women in Art, at the LA Quinta Museum in La Quinta California.
- Participated in the juried AC/UCR exhibit sponsored by the Palm Springs Art Museum Artists Council and the University of California/ Riverside in Palm Desert, California.
- March 2018 Plein Air magazine cover artist
- Numerous Best Nocturne and other prizes in Plein air festivals
- Long term painting travels in Italy and Asia
- John Stobart Foundation Grant culminating with a solo show at the Lyme Academy.
KATHLEEN GRAY FARTHING
• Awarded 2-week artist residency in the Olympic Peninsula 2019
• Solo show at Solon Center for the Arts 2019
• Parrsboro Plein Air 2017, 2018
• Springfield Museum juried show, 2016, 2017, 2018
Saint Simon’s Island, Georgia
- Winning first place and a prize of $5,000 in Piedmont Plein Air.
- Having my work included in Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine, Plein Air Magazine and American Watercolor Weekly during the same month, February, 2019.
- Serving for a month as Artist in Residence in Dinan, France – enjoying the use of a house and studio during July of 2006.
- Discovering and falling in love with plein air painting.
Moorestown , New Jersey
- First Place and Artists Choice Award – Cape Ann Plein Air 2018
- Artists Choice and Award of Distinction – En Plein Air Texas 2018
- First Place – Lighthouse Plein Air Competition 2018
- Best Plein Air painting December/January 2016 Plein Air Salon.
• “Best in Show” in Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival, 2017
• The Shirl Smithson Memorial Scholarships, awarded by OPA, 2016
• SCA 1st awards of excellenceat the Leyton Gallery of Fine Art, St-John’s, Newfoundland, 2016
• Twice a excipient of the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation grant
Hicksville, New York
- Recognized with over 146 awards including the Museum purchase award for the permanent collection of the Mystic Seaport Museum of America and the Sea (For a plein air painting of an 1883 Oyster Sloop)
- Six time selected artist for Plein Air Easton
- Grand Prize & Collector’s Choice Winner Easels in Frederick 2012
- 2018 – 3rd place Finger Lakes Plein Air competition
- 2017 – 3rd place Lyme Art Association – New England Landscape Invitational
- 2016 – 1st place Lyme Art Association – American Waters exhibit
- 2016 – 1st place Hudson Valley Plein Air competition
- Founding member and past president of The Chestnut Group.
- Profiled in Plein Air Magazine September 2013 “Unexpected Gifts of Plein Air Painting-Diane C May”.
- Participant in Sonoma Plein Air, the Forgotten Coast Plein Air Invitational, Door County Plein Air Festival, and the prestigious Plein Air Easton.
- Third Prize at Plein Air Brandywine Valley 2018
- Mildred Sands Katz Award – Philadelphia Water Color Society International Exhibition of Works on Paper 2018
- Merchandise Award at Pennsylvania Watercolor Society International Exhibition 2018
- Best Use of Light Award and Third Prize Quickdraw at Mountain Maryland Plein Air 2018.
Binghampton, New York
- I won the heart of my wife at the 2014 Adirondack Plein Air Festival!
- Peoples Choice 2014-2016 Adirondack Plein Air Festival.
- Artists choice and an honorable mention, 2018 Finger lakes Plein Air Festival.
- 1st Place, 2018 Keeseville Plein Air Festival and caught several bass, trout and a pike.
DARTMOUTH, Nova Scotia
- Elizabeth Greenshields Grant to study painting in England.
- Nova Scotia Arts Council award to study plein air at Grand Central Atelier.
- Capture 2014, Nova Scotia Realism Exhibition juried by Tom Smart and Peter Dykuis.
- Several finalist awards with Boldbrush, International Artist Magazine and Art Renewal Center.
Nyack, New York
- Second Place: Annapolis Plein Air Nocturne 2017
- Douglas S. Lewis Sr. Memorial Award: Bath County Plein Air 2017
- Honorable Mention: Plein Air Easton 2015 & Small Painting Sunday 2016
- Feature article in Plein Air magazine December 2015 – January 2016 issue
“It is vital for a landscape painter to study outdoors to fully understand how to interpret nature. I am very grateful I was taught this at an early age and it is a practice I will never abandon.”
New Hartford, New York
- 2nd Place, Knoxville Museum Of Art, Artist’s On Location, Plein Air Event, Knoxville, TN 2018
- 2nd Place, Quick Draw, Solomon’s Plein Air Festival, Solomon’s Island, MD 2017
- Honorable Mention, Plein Air Richmond, Richmond, VA 2017
- Solo Exhibition, Southern Light, Eno Gallery, Hillsborough, NC 2017
Antigonish, Nova Scotia
- Finalist in The Artist’s Magazine annual competition – 2014
- Studied under renowned painter Casey Baugh – 2015
- Received a Professional Development grant from Arts Nova Scotia to study under NY painter Alyssa Monks – 2016
- Winner Best Seascape Award – Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival 2017
- 35 years of Plein Air painting, 40+ solo shows and 60+ invitational & juried shows in New York, Paris, Boston, Amsterdam, and others.
- Featured in “100 Artists of New England” (Schiffer 2011) and “The American Flag in Contemporary Art”, (Schiffer, 2015).
- Princeton University BA in Art History/Visual Arts. Commissioned for Princeton University’s official Reunions app.
- Cape Ann Plein Air 2018: 2nd place open Quickdraw winner; CAPA 2017; Bath County Plein Air 2018; Marblehead Plein Air 2011-2019.
“Passion and the passage of time are an integral part of my work.”